Monday, November 2, 2009

Fighting the good fight!

The ministry that I started this year, Running Light Ministry, was created to get the Word in our churches that Christ is more pleasurable than porn. That might shock you a bit, but it is the theme of the Bible! God is more better than anything. Psalm 36:8 'You give us drink from the river of your pleasures."
We have been able to participate in various events in Tucson this year and look fowrad to more oppurtunities to educate Tucson with the impoact of the Porn industry in our world, and what you can do to get out! If you can use this ministry in any way please let me know! Our website is www.runninglight.org
We seek to educate, but help those in bondage and their spouses!

1 comment:

Barbra The Bloggess said...

Hello, I meant to comment on the above blog post regarding the celebrities and King David, etc. It sounds like your interpretation is that King David had an addiction that had to do with what you refer to as, pleasure. If so, I believe the biblical term is whoremonger. My guess is you are referring to the adultery and possibly his concubines? Under the Mosaic Law concubines were allowed. There are no laws or scriptures I can find for that time period that speaks against it. Abraham and Jacob had more then one wife. In those scriptures we can find where the Lord took heed to the wives prayers (Hannah) and blessed the union. In KJV Heb. 13:4 Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge. David was severely judged by God for this adultery and murder of Uriah and it left a mark on him in the scriptures, but I find it interesting David is still considered righteous in Gods eyes ( Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.- 1Kings 15:5) It was truly because David had a heart for God that the "matter" of Uriah was something God wasn't going to hold against Him because of His whole-hearted repentance. David went on the be with the Lord, but it wouldn't be the case if we are to believe this scripture mentioning whoremongers: Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
God looks for a repentant heart. A broken and contrite heart He will not despise. My husband and I have a wonderful blessed marriage with a loving Church Family and I have no doubt it is because we honor and serve the Lord together. I see my marriage as a blessing and it brings me perfect peace, of course there are disagreements, but as we live by the scriptures on how to treat one another the Lord can smile upon it and help us find spiritual solutions. I know this is possible because the bible says this: The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it. -Prov 10:22 Anyway, I'm not sure any of my points I got into are what you meant to convey but it provoked in interesting study for me on the righteousness of King David, in Acts 13:22 it was said David was called a man after God's own heart. What a wonderful example the Lord made of Him showcasing how God judges the heart. Have a blessed day.